Friday 4 September 2009

Our Last Meeting before the Holidays

On the last day of term we did a bit of final weeding and tidying before gathering up the lettuces and new potatoes to share for lunch.  The tomatoes weren't quite ripe, so we had to leave them until September.



We then took the new potatoes and lettuces to our lovely school cook, Janine and she cooked the potatoes and popped them with the leaves to make a lovely salad for the Secret Gardeners.



Growing our own lunch was not bad work considering the Secret Gardening club has only been going a few weeks!  Potatoes taste much nicer when you've grown them yourself ...


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Congratulations! I bet they tasted delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Tilly and all the Secret Gardeners. I have been a member of a gardening club for many years and it has given me much pleasure and a lot of good advice. Keep digging. Jeanie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited to find your blog! I think school gardening clubs are really, really important and I want to encourage lots of schools to set them up. Now I have found your blog I can show it to lots of the teachers and governors I talk to encourage them to do the same.

    Very well done!

    ReplyDelete